Friday, October 21, 2011

iPhones & Tattoos

I had an epiphany today. The seeds were planted a couple of days ago. But it really came home today. SCV Talk. Cap'n Gene. I know I shouldn't. Sometimes, I just can't help myself. The topic was tattoos.

You may think tattoos are silly. You may hold certain notions of what "type" of person gets tattoos. I'm here to tell you, if you're not into them, then you just don't understand. You may never understand. There are three types of people in this World: Those who don't get tattoos, those who get one tattoo, and those who get many tattoos.

Those who get one tattoo. These people generally have something very specific in mind, say, a Harley logo or a butt-antler (aka tramp stamp). This group also may include tribute tattoos, like "Mom" or "Insert Lover's Name." I've got nothing against this sort, but they tend to be the faddish type, sometimes regretting their decision. Whatevskies.

Many tattoos. If you know, you know. How can I describe it? I went in for "The One" tattoo. I liked it. As I looked around the shop and through the artist's book of work, something happened. Many. I wanted another. Well, I got another. Something simple but meaningful. More looking. More wanting. I needed a plan. The plan, was to get more.

Mid-life crisis? I like to refer to it as a Mid-life Renaissance. Or this: I've always been a tattoo guy ... I've just never had any tattoos. Silly? I don't think so. If you think so, then you don't get the point .. you just don't ...

Now, where have I heard that before?

iPhone Wars

This week, I stirred the pot a little with my iPhone fanboys. My only objection to the frenzy of iAnythingButMostlyPhones is that it seems so many *want* without actual consideration of *what.* I'm an accountant. A numbers guy, yes, but more than that, I'm practical. When I buy a product, I want to know what it does for me. "It's the whole experience" says he. "You're missing the point." Wha?!? What does that mean? The Apple Experience. What. The. Fuck? I don't buy it ... and I won't buy it. Pffff.

Then today.

You don't get it. You may never get it.
You're missing the point.

Hmmm.

My mind opened.
At least provisionally.

Scott's iPhone 4s

Next upgrade available is December. Tic Toc.

No comments:

Post a Comment